Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wil Nieves (08/30/14)

Wil Nieves Philadelphia Phillies Catcher
Wil Nieves, Philadelphia Phillies Catcher

Wil Nieves, Puerto Rico native, is the back up catcher for the Philadelphia Phillies. Nieves has played 11 MLB seasons for the Padres, Yankees, Nationals, Brewers, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Phillies.

I went to Citi Field today to watch the New York Mets against the Philadelphia Phillies. Citi Field had a nice promotion for today's game. The first 20,000 fans received a Curtis Granderson bobblehead. I arrived early to the game to try and get Cole Hammels' autograph for my World Series MVP collection. The Phillies were taking batting practice and most of the pitchers were in the outfield shagging fly balls. Unfortunately, Cole Hammels did not come over to sign autographs.

Philadelphis Phillies pregame warmup at Citi Field

Wil Nieves was the only Philadelphia Phillies player who came over during batting practice to sign autographs. It was awesome to meet a fellow countryman. He signed a baseball for me right on the sweet spot and inscribed his jersey number.

Wil Nieves signing autographs at Citi Field.

Wil Nieves signing autographs

Here's a picture of Wil Nieve handing me back the signed baseball.

Wil Nieves signing autographs at Citi Field

Wil Nieves signed Rawlings official MLB baseball.

Wil Nieves signed Rawlings official MLB baseball

The view from my seat during the national anthem.

Philadelphia Phillies vs. New York Mets game on August 30, 2014

Curtis Granderson New York Mets bobblehead.

Curtis Granderson New York Mets Bobblehead

The Mets ended up losing to the Phillies 2-7, but I was happy I got to meet Wil Nieves and add his autograph to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment