Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sergei Brylin (08/09/14)

Sergei Brylin New Jersey Devils Center
Sergei Brylin, New Devils Center (1994-2008)

Sergei Brylin is a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the New Jersey Devils (1995, 2000, 2003). He played 13 seasons for the Devils. Brylin is one of five New Jersey Devils who have played for all three of their championship teams.

Sergei Brylin was signing autographs at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery in Wayne, New Jersey. This was the second hockey autograph signing that I have attended and my first New Jersey Devils signing. The event was well organized and everyone was allowed to get two items signed. There was also a photographer who took pictures of each person with Sergei, which was very cool. I've been to many signings and this was never done before.

Sergei Brylin free autograph signing at Tilted Kilt in Wayne, NJ

Sergei Brylin autograph signing at Tilted Kilt

I only had one item for Sergei to sign and it was my first New Jersey Devils hockey puck. Since I love inscriptions on autographs, I thought it would be nice to have Sergei inscribe the years he won the Stanley Cup with the Devils. He was cool about it and inscribed "SC 95 00 03" on the bottom of the hockey puck.

Sergei Brylin signing autographs

Sergei Brylin signed New Jersey Devils hockey puck.

Sergei Brylin signed New Jersey Devils hockey puck autograph

Sergei Brylin poses for a photo with me.

Sergei Brylin poses for photo

Overall, this was a well-organized event and I had a great experience. It was nice to meet a Stanley Cup champion and add another hockey autograph to my collection. I also got hooked up with a Facebook group called Devils All Day All Night. Now I need to start watching more hockey, so I can become a die-hard fan. Let's go Devils!

No comments:

Post a Comment