Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tom Coughlin & Cal Ripken Jr. (03/06/13)

Tom Coughlin and Cal Ripken Jr. had a book signing on the same day. This was the first time I attended two book signings in one day. Thankfully, Tom's signing was in the afternoon and Cal's signing was in the evening.

(Left) Tom Coughlin, NFL New York Giants Head Coach
(Right) Cal Ripken Jr, MLB Hall of Fame Inductee 2007
Tom Coughlin was signing his new book Earn the Right to Win: How Success in Any Field Starts with Superior Preparation at Barnes & Noble, Fifth Ave in New York. Tom coached the New York Giants to two Super Bowl championships (Super Bowl XLII & XLVI). He was very friendly and interactive with his fans. He told me he liked my Giants sweatshirt, which was pretty cool.



Tom signed the book with my blue sharpie. Unfortunately, they did not allow posed photography at this event, so I wasn't able to take a picture with him.


Later in the evening I headed over to Barnes & Noble in Clifton, NJ for Cal Ripken Jr.'s book signing. Cal Ripken Jr. was a 19-time MLB All-Star, 1982 Rookie of the Year, 1983/1991 American League MVP, 1983 World Series Champion, and 2007 MLB Hall of Fame Inductee. He was signing his new book Wild Pitch. It's the third book of the Cal Ripken Jr.'s All-Stars series for youth readers. Luckily, I was able to find his previous two books, Super-sized Slugger and Hothead, to get signed as well. Cal was also very friendly and spoke with everyone. He even took pictures with each person in front of a really nice back drop.



Cal signed all three books with my blue sharpie. I asked him to please inscribe "HOF 2007" with his autograph and he was happy to do so. I really appreciated that. Cal Ripken Jr. is the man!


It was a great signing day. I had the pleasure of meeting Tom Coughlin and Cal Ripken Jr. As always, Barnes & Noble did a great job hosting each event.

No comments:

Post a Comment