Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Terry Francona (01/23/13)

Terry Francona, 2-time World Series Champion Manager, signed copies of his new book Francona: The Red Sox Years at Barnes & Nobles, Citigroup Center in New York. The signing was scheduled to start at 12:30 pm, which meant I needed to take a day off from work if I wanted to meet Terry and get his autograph. I ended up requesting the day off.

Going into New York City through the Lincoln Tunnel was not bad at all. There was hardly any traffic and I found street parking one block away from Barnes & Nobles. I arrived at the signing around 11:30 am and there was about 100 people in front of me. I guess there are a lot of Boston Red Sox fans in New York after all.

As the time was getting closer to 12:30 pm, there was at least 150 people behind me. Thankfully, the Barnes & Nobles staff made sure the line kept moving smoothly. Terry arrived on time and began signing quickly.


Once I got closer, I made sure to have my blue sharpie ready to hand it to him. I always use a blue sharpie for book signings because the autograph stands out a lot better than a black sharpie. I was also hoping that Terry would inscribe my book with "2004 & 2007 WSC" (World Series Champions).

As soon as I approached Terry, he was very nice and didn't give me any problems with my requests. He inscribed the book with "04 & 07 CHAMPS," which is just as good as the inscription I wanted. It was a good time and a great experience to meet Terry Francona. The Barnes & Nobles, Citigroup Center staff did an excellent job hosting a very organized book signing.





No comments:

Post a Comment