Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bernie Parent (02/16/13)

My first hockey autograph is former Philadelphia Flyers Goalie and Hall of Famer Bernie Parent. I'm not a big fan of hockey, but I appreciate great players. Watching some highlights and hearing stories about Bernie from my uncle, who idolized him growing up, convinced me that his autograph would be nice to add to my collection.

Bernie Parent, Hockey Hall of Fame inductee 1984

Bernie was signing autographs at Barb's Harley-Davidson in Mount Ephraim, NJ. My uncle and I left really early and we were actually the first ones there. The employees at Barb's Harley-Davidson were super nice! We called them a few days before the event to make sure everything was on schedule. They made sure we would be taken care of since we were driving really far for this event.

Bernie arrived earlier than his scheduled time and after greeting the employees at Barb's they introduced him to us. He came over to speak with us and started signing our stuff, which was really nice of him. Barb's Harley-Davidson did an amazing job for this signing. After the signing they had a nice lunch spread for everyone. Thank you, Barb's Harley-Davidson, for hosting a great event!



Bernie signed my Philadelphia Flyers hockey puck and inscribed it with HOF 84.

I did meet Bernie a few months ago at a book signing in Ridgewood, NJ, but I didn't bring any hockey memorabilia for him to sign. He was signing his new book Unmasked: Bernie Parent and the Broad Street Bullies. He was really cool then and also took a picture with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment