Saturday, March 16, 2013

Randy Johnson & Roberto Alomar (03/16/13)

(Left) Randy Johnson, 2001 World Series MVP
(Right) Roberto Alomar, 2007 MLB Hall of Fame Inductee

Randy Johnson and Roberto Alomar made an appearance at the March Magic show, hosted by MAB Celebrity Services, in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. As I mentioned on my 01/26/13 blog post, I started collecting World Series and All-Star game MVP autographs on each year's Rawlings baseball. These two guys are a must have for my collection. Randy Johnson was the 2001 World Series MVP and Roberto Alomar was the 1998 All-Star MVP.

Randy Johnson was the first to arrive. He is a giant! At 6'10 with a fastball that clocked 100+ mph, he was one of the most dominant pitchers in the game. He's a World Series champion, 10x All-Star, 5x CY Young winner (best pitcher in league), and a first ballot Hall of Famer, once he's eligible in 2015.

Randy Johnson Signing Autographs

He was so intimidating that when I approached him I forgot to take a picture of him signing my baseball. A man of few words, but a good guy. Randy signed my 2001 Official Rawlings World Series game baseball and inscribed it with 01 WS MVP.

Randy Johnson signed Rawlings World Series 2001 baseball autograph with 2001 WS MVP inscription

My countryman, Roberto Alomar of Puerto Rico, arrived with a couple of his boys. He's considered to be one of the best second baseman in the history of the game. Roberto was a 12x All-Star, 10x Gold Glove, 2x World Series Champion, and 2007 MLB Hall of Fame inductee.

Robert Alomar signing autographs

Roberto wasn't as intimidating as Randy, so I remembered to take a picture of him signing my baseball. He signed my 1998 Official Rawlings All-Star game baseball and inscribed it with 1998 A.S. MVP.

Roberto Alomar signed Rawlings All-Star Game Baseball 1998 with 1998 AS MVP inscription

It was a pleasure meeting Randy and Roberto. MAB Celebrity Services always brings the best to New Jersey. Can't wait for the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment