Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dwight "Doc" Gooden (05/03/14)

Dwight Doc Gooden
Dwight "Doc" Gooden, New York Mets Pitcher 1984-1994
New York Mets Hall of Fame Inductee 2010

Dwight "Doc" Gooden was a 4-time MLB All-Star (1984-1986, 1988) and 3-time World Series Champion (1986, 1996, 2000) with the New York Mets and Yankees. He was the 1984 National League Rookie of the Year. In 1985, Doc lead the National League in wins, earned run average, and strikeouts, which earned him the Triple Crown for pitchers and Cy Young Award. Dwight also pitched a no-hitter on May 14, 1996 while playing for the Yankees. On August 1, 2010, the New York Mets inducted him into the New York Mets Hall of Fame.

Dwight Doc Gooden at Shop Rite

Doc was signing autographs at the Shop Rite in Little Falls, NJ. My goal was to get him to sign a baseball with an inscription and a couple of 5x7 photos. Doc was very friendly with the fans. He took pictures with everyone who asked. When I greeted him I asked if he can inscribe "86 W.S. Champs" on the baseball, but he said he wasn't doing inscriptions. I couldn't complain, since the signing was free. I was happy I got another sweet spot autograph. It's the second Doc Gooden baseball in my collection.

Dwight Gooden signed Rawlings Official MLB baseball.

Dwight Doc Gooden Signed Baseball

Dwight Doc Gooden Signed Rawlings Official MLB Baseball

Dwight Gooden signed 5x7 photos.

Dwight Doc Gooden Signing Photos

Dwight Doc Gooden Signed Photo

Dwight Doc Gooden Signing Autographs

Dwight Doc Gooden Signed 5x7 Photo

Dwight Gooden poses for a photo with me.

Dwight Gooden poses for a picture

Here's a picture of my New York Mets helmet that I'm filling up with signatures of players from the 1986 World Series team. Doc signed this for me at a signing on June 6, 2010.

Dwight Doc Gooden Signed New York Mets 1986 Helmet

Overall, the signing was a success. It was interesting going to a signing at a supermarket, but everything was organized. Shop Rite did a great job hosting this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment